In a world of mixed messages, high-pressure media, societal standards, and worldly expectations, how are we to know true beauty when we see it? Too much, too often we are lead astray by the crazy bombardment of fixed, face, plastic, painted beauty. As a young woman, it is far too easy to fall into the trap of wanting to change this and that about myself, trying to cover this "problem area" and disguise that. But why? If I'm made in the perfect image of the Lord, for what purpose do these longings serve? Certainly not such a pleasing one to the Lord. Thankfully, I have some true God-sends in my life to keep me on track. Proud parents. A supporting sister. A boyfriend who thinks I look better in messy clothes and no make-up than anything else. Loyal friends. What blessings. So this week, my challenge to myself is to seek the beauty and joy of the Lord in the quiet, overlooked places, in the simplicity that this wild world scorns. To seek the genuinely BEAUTIFUL face of the Lord, and emulate it.
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment